'Ewalu SUP Race
Built for SUP course racing, the 'Ewalu SUP Race paddle is the result of collaborative efforts between racer Kenny Kaneko and KIALOA designer Dave Chun. The 'Ewalu features a stiff blade and shaft for efficient energy transfer when sprinting for position in the draft pack, a straight cut side outline profile for close blade placement to the board rail, and an eight degree blade angle to maximize the catch phase when paddling in an aggressive forward body position. 'Ewalu, the Hawaiian numeral eight, is a lucky number in Asian cultures – a homage to Kenny's Japanese and Dave's Chinese heritage.
- Carbon Ergo-T™ Grip provides the greatest level of control, allowing you to orient the blade while maintaining a relaxed hand position.
- Light and responsive 100% carbon shaft.
- Carbon shaft has the highest energy transfer during the paddle stroke.
- Offers the highest strength to weight ratio.
- Bright Hi-Vis Green
- 78 square inch Carbon Foam Core blade for versatile power.
- Internal carbon edgebanding for stellar blade durability.
- 15 1/2" stiff blade for optimal energy transfer
- Surface Area: 78 sq in
- Blade Angle: 8 degree
- Blade Width: 6.5"
- Blade Length: 15.5"
- Weight: 16 oz